Monday, February 23, 2009

The Season Of My Life

I remember when I was in the fifth grade and I use to pick on this boy. The school was having a prep rally for the PSSA test and we had to draw signs and posters. The boy drew a box and it said, “push for success”. So I told him that I was pushing the box and not getting any success. I kept on repeating myself until the boy cried. As he was crying I started to laugh directly in his face. During that time of my life you could say that I was in the springtime of my life. That’s when I was immature and carefree. Now I’m in the summer time of my life. I have a better view on life. Over the years I have developed a conscience and became mature. Also has become a responsible person.

One reason why I feel that I am in the summer time of my life is because I am responsible. Like many children my age I have chores. I look after my younger siblings. About two weeks ago my mom went away for the weekend and trusted me to watch my two younger siblings. In the story marigolds, Lizabeth had to watch after her younger brother Joey while her parents went out to work.

Another reason that I feel I’m in the summer is because I have a conscience. When I was younger I would always make people cry and feel bad about themselves. Now, I care about people’s feelings. You should treat people the way you want to be treated. Recently I made one of my friends feel bad about herself. I kept calling her stupid. Later, I realized that I was wrong and apologized.

My last reason is because of my age. Age wise, I think that I’m mature. I’m a young adult. I feel that I’m college bound. A couple of months after school started I took the PSAT and got a good score. I passed each report card semester with honor roll.

You cannot determine what season a person is in by their age. It determines on their performance and how mature they are.

No comments: